As an advocate of the regional business community, we stand firm on considering the millennial demographic changes in our region, and realize its fundamental importance to the growth of our members. We have enhanced our organization by engaging, educating and informing our members in both the values and practices of Diversity & Inclusion. We invite, and encourage, you to learn more about the Chamber’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, along with the Council we have created to continual serve as a central leadership accountability hub that spreads and fosters a wide spectrum of advance skill sets centered around diverse people irrespective of differences.
Our Diversity Statement
In the Southeastern Chamber there shall be no barriers to participation in any activity of this Chamber on the basis of economic position, gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
I have read the job description and understand my responsibilities as a member of the Council for the Southeastern Chamber of Commerce (SCC). If selected to serve, I will:
- Make a personal contribution that reflects SCC as a charitable priority for me.
- Provide names, addresses, and appropriate information of people who might be interested in learning more about and potentially supporting SCC’s mission and services (and contact them myself as appropriate).
- Participate in council projects to the best of my ability, including any fundraising projects.
- Educate myself about how to present SCC as an opportunity for businesses to achieve their goals by becoming an investor in SCC, and if appropriate solicit them for membership.
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of all information about fellow volunteers and clients.